Sunday, May 1, 2016

One Room Challenge - Girl's Room Design Week 4






Its week four of the challenge, already! I have made some tremendous progress and my daughter is excited at the way the room is progressing. A project this personal has an element of gratification somehow different from working with a client. Seeing the smiling face of my daughter has made the entire project worth any challenge!




The stenciling done in Ralph Lauren's Rose Gold has worked wonders for the overall design by adding a lot of glamor and fun to walls. The color and the enhanced design of the print dresses up the room beautifully! I love the way a paint can bring a room to life, after all in this day in age its all about the bling and beautiful surroundings. We plan on adding some pretty and personal character to the room before we are finished!We are planning on placing two vertical mirrors from Bungalow 5 on the wall featured below along with an Elyse Graham Drip Mirror in Mimosa which I had purchased at a recent trade show (I had the pleasure to meet this amazing artist). The Liquido dresser in high gloss white lacquer adds a nice contrast to the all organic texture of the warm wood floor and the architectural desk that is almost floating in its design scheme. I have been drooling over this shuttle desk from Dot and Bo for a while now since the desk itself is art. Its solid oak wood frame inspires architectural movement while a thick plate of 8' long glass provides a protective work space for study and art projects.




The concept is to keep the room as organic as possible .The picture above is used to show the idea I had for a pedestal bed in her room. I like the simplicity of the style as it gives a clean look. I am working on utilizing the space in a manner that will reflect her personality. She likes a lot space to entertain her friends and at the same time wants to have it personalized to her. She has a love for white which is a big help in adding more visual space and element to the room!


Other pieces I have selected to coordinate are a contemporary desk and upholstered chair that may go beside the desk or in a corner of the room. I am still working on the space plan and choosing the right upholstery fabric for the chair.






I will be adding a shelf unit similar to the one displayed above and the wood tones match the wood selected in the other pieces for this project perfectly. As I finish the paint I will be making sure these are the pieces we will be using to finish up the floor plan. We are moving along quickly because next week we will have our final REVEAL!

Please leave us your questions and feedback below as your input helps inspire future design projects.

#oneroomchallenge, #housebeautiful, #LakbirDesign, #home, #design, @oneroomchallenge, @housebeautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment